Third Party Sites
CLI’s website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by CLI. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information.
No Information From Children Under Age 18
If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us at our website or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us through the contact information below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information You Provide to Us
The type of information we collect from you depends on the relationship you have with us:
- If you are a customer of CLI: Customer information that you provide voluntarily when becoming a client includes your email and password; payment and contact information; and other information necessary for us to sufficiently service your needs.
- If you are a job applicant: Typical information that you provide voluntarily via telephone, online or in person, including your name, mailing/email addresses, telephone/fax number, employment history with job descriptions, education, references, affiliations and other relevant information for payroll, benefits and administration purposes.
Information We Obtain From Third Parties
If you are an attendee to an event utilizing the CLI platform: Typical information that you provide when registering for the event, including name, contact information, job title, employer information, LinkedIn profile links and other personal and professional profile information.
Information We Collect Automatically Through Your Use of Our Website
As you navigate through and interact with CLI’s website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect the following information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns:
- details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, geolocation data, logs, what website you viewed immediately prior to visiting our website, what search engine and search keywords you may have used to get to our website, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, specifically your IP address operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically includes Personal Data and/or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection include:
Cookies (or browser cookies).
Lawful Basis for Procession Your Personal Data
We have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities (except when an exception applies as described below):
- Legitimate Interests. We will process your Personal Data as necessary for our legitimate interests such as facilitating communication between CLI and you, providing you profile information to other event attendees, improving our website, promoting our company safeguarding our employees and IT infrastructure; and
- To Fulfill Our Obligations to You Under Our Contracts. We process your Personal Data in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our contracts. This includes for the purpose of connecting you at events to other attendees; and
- As Required by Law. We may also process your Personal Data to respond to legal process, such as subpoenas or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation and manage complaints or claims.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you, or that you or our client provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information that you request from us about CLI and its platform;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to provide your profile information to others attending an event in the normal course of facilitating meetings between parties;
- to carry out academic, training, communication, administrative, record-keeping and other CLI activities;
- to communicate with event attendees news, policies and logistical information;
- to facilitate collection of payments and fulfill tax reporting obligations;
- to notify you about changes to our websites or any programs or activities of CLI;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
The Personal Data collected from you may be required to enter into the contracts with CLI and to participate in CLI event management activities including meeting facilitation, and for us to perform under the contracts. If you refuse to provide such Personal Data, then in some cases we may not be able to fulfill our obligations to you, or you may not be able to access and use all of the features available to you on our website.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our applicants and attendees and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, managed service providers, and other third parties we use to support operations;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of CLI, our event attendees; and
- with your consent.
We use the following third party services to help us provide you with the services and to improve our website and understand our users:
- Other Services. We may also use other third party providers to help us understand our users and to help us analyze and debug errors you may encounter when using our website. These organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information it collects with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
- We may share data, such as hashed email derived from emails or other online identifiers collected on our site(s) with [NextRoll/ our advertising partners]. This allows our partners to recognize and deliver you ads across devices and browsers. To read more about the technologies used by [NextRoll/our partner] and their cross device capabilities please refer to NextRoll’s Privacy Notice.
Your Rights to Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Applicable data protection laws may provide you with certain rights with regard to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Access and Update. Certain Personal Data may be available for you to review and change by logging into your account via our website. You may also contact us via the methods below to notify us of any changes or errors in your Personal Data, to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible.
- You may have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your Personal Data is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your Personal Data for processing, but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
- Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and it will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your Personal Data.
- Opting-Out. Our partners [such as NextRoll] may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. For this reason you can use the following third party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest based advertising:
- The NAI’s opt-out platform: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- The EDAA’s opt-out platform http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
- The DAA’s opt-out platform: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
- Deletion of Data. You have the right to request that we delete all of your Personal Data. We will only delete your Personal Data when we no longer have a lawful basis for processing your Personal Data or after a final determination that your Personal Data was unlawfully processed. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In all other cases, we will retain your Personal Data as set forth in this Policy. In addition, we cannot completely delete your Personal Data as some data may rest in previous backups.
- How You May Exercise Your Rights. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us through any of the methods below. If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements.
Do Not Track
Currently, our website does not recognize if your browser sends a “do not track” signal or similar mechanism to indicate that you do not wish to be tracked or receive interests-based advertisements.
Data Retention Periods
CLI will retain your Personal Data unless you request that we delete all of your Personal Data pursuant to this Policy. If we receive your request to delete all of your Personal Data, we may retain such Personal Data for the longer of: (a) for as long as necessary to comply with any other legal requirement, or (b) for as long as necessary for us to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies.
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails and other communications you send to us through our website are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
Consent to Procession of Personal Data in the United States
Our website and its entire contents, features, and functionality are made available to you from the United States. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or other jurisdiction outside of the U.S., in order to provide our website, products and services to you, we may store your Personal Data outside of the EEA, including to the United States. This information may be collected directly from you. By using and accessing our website, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and explicitly consent to the collection to and processing of Personal Data on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such Personal Data may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
If CLI, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that CLI goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of CLI may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
To Contact CLI:
Community Leaders Institute
110 Newfield Ave
Edison NJ 08837